Finals

This is basically some pictures I have gotten ready and I consider done with. This first one uses skulls known to be of use during the day of the dead, alongside the texture of the elaborate hats that are used on portraits of "La Catrina." The red portion of the image represents the livelihood of Mexico and one the one man who made it possible during the Revolutionary war, Pancho Villa.

But flowers have always been a big thing for Mexico. Flowers are so lively and vibrant, I believe paying homage to Fransisco Villa like this is respectful. So here is the second and fourth images I have created with flowers in mind. 


This one is based on photos and photo reels. The picture I had to work with was pretty old so I ended up colorings the man, and taking his mustache and using that as the painterly feel in the picture, and duplicated it on the top and at the bottom. I added the black squares and it turned out amazing. Definitley one of my favorties thus far.


This is the second image of flowers where all I did was erase Fransisco Villa from the picture and aded more flowers so now he is less visible.

This is the one that ended up being printed out on 11 by 17 paper

These are just some small iterations of more flowers and playing with the concept of flowers. I wanted to add more of the color yellow since yellow means death in Mexico, but I did not really like what came out of these.


I like this one even less haha.



And here is the original.


Comments