Start of Visual Sequential Narrative

So I had no idea what to do for this project at all. I could not come up with an answer and I was at a loss. I literally spent quarantine time going to work for the past 3 days for 8 hours at time, and coming home having my feet literally kill me.

So instead, I decided to take the prompt quite literally, and do a comic book. But what the comic book was going to be about? I didn't know. And I didn't want to come up with a whole story plot and charactes and world build it. No no, I had to make it easy. So I wanted to conduct a small interview with my roommate about what he has currently picked up as a hobby. And then if there were any particular steps to a certain part of the hobby.

The following is the interview conducted on March 29th, 2:36 am.


What is your most current favorite thing to do?
Animal Crossing. It is relaxing and I can zone out into it Its fun and a lot of people can play and there is no challenge it’s just everything is random day to day stuff. And obviously you can only do so much, so you must wait to advance in whatever you are doing.
That sounds pretty cool. So you got the game.
It was a decent purchase and you can put a lot of hours into it and its only 60. Putting time into it makes it special and will equal out.
How long do you spend on it?
It depends. I have to grind out right now so I have to do a couple hours but as far as daily? About an hour or hour and a half.
On that grind I see.
Oh yeah.
What is your favorite small activity of the thing you like to do?
Fishing, making supplies…
How do you make supplies?
By cutting down trees, shaking apples, selling stuff, buying stuff-
That’s the whole game…
Yeah
No what is your favorite activity?
Oh by far cutting down trees.
Thank you.
Could you explain the process of doing the activity? Any steps?
Well first you get an axe, then you approach the tree, whack it 3 times, it falls down, and all your left with is a stump.
Ok cool Draws a rough sketch
What do you think of a comic detailing the activities of doing this particular activity?
That would be ridiculous Laughs ugly like a hyena
I would read that.
What do you think the genre of the comic should be?
Comedy.
Why? (Note: I had a whole idea of another genre that I thought he was going to pick and he ended up picking out the genre I dislike the most)
Cause the game is already kind of like that so it would fit the theme of the game.
Ok I’ll do my best. It will be a joint project between you, a non-class person, and me, a class participant. Don’t let me do this alone.
Haha ok bet.

This concludes the interview. 

So that is now going to be my project for this part of class. And here is the small story board I made during the interview. 
I made this at 2 in the morning dont judge me.

Comments

  1. I love how real this idea is. It's real-life. I admire the idea of interviewing someone about their general interests -- and I love the idea of a comic strip! I can't wait to see your progress. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This ideaa- weither you realized it or not does really connect with where we are all at right now! Good Start!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment